Friday, June 15, 2007

Triggered But Not Yet Launched

Mark joined me on the trip to UW the next morning and I told him about the Vanogan as we went through the same intersection. No troubles down I-5 in the Express Lane, but the CT 861 was having a tough time merging in. I slowed slightly and he blinked his lights in appreciation. Not that I like having buses in front of me, they ought to have to have a camera on front and screen on the back so that you can "see through" them. But it wasn't surprising that merging is difficult, for they have this art deco yield to bus sign that can hardly be read and certainly doesn't have the gravitas to transmit the message that this is the law. Metro buses are much better...this is crummy picture from my cell phone, but the meaning is clear:




Having snapped this picture (at a red light travelling down 15th St NE), the light turned and we are again moving. The blog was born when a white Subaru Outback wagon zoomed around my right, then left around the bus as it pulled off to a bus stop, nearly clipping both of us. Off he went, doing upwards of 50 down 15th, just south of 65th. Amazingly he ended up behind me again south of 45th, but felt necessary to repeat the manuever, once a suitable bus was found just south of 40th! Must not have liked my horn the first time. MMR: 9

No comments: